Ingredients To Safeguard You From The Sun
Let your hair down and soak in the sun—while protecting your strands and scalp from UV damage.
While it’s important to apply sunscreen and put on a hat when spending a day out in the sun, our waterless shampoo and conditioner stones provide additional protection from color loss, dryness, and breakage that strands can often suffer due to UV damage.
Here are a few of the key ingredients in our formulas that offer UV protection and healing properties that work to safeguard your head:
- Aloe Vera - A natural moisturizer that’s packed with antioxidants and nourishing vitamins. Its anti-inflammatory properties soothe the skin while protecting against environmental stressors like pollution and UV rays.
- Babassu Oil - A non-greasy oil that quickly absorbs to moisturize the hair strands and prevent dryness from sun exposure. It is similar to coconut oil but lighter, avoiding clogged pores. It is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids.
- Calendula - Contains antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties that promote healing, and is a dermal antioxidant, providing effective sun protection.
- Cherry Acerola - Contains Vitamin C which provides antioxidants to your hair and scalp, protecting against environmental stressors, UV exposure, and free radicals.
- Cupuacu Butter - Provides moisture to the hair and promotes hair elasticity and durability from essential fatty acids. It is similar to shea butter's softness and creaminess without being heavy and weighing down hair.
- Matcha Green Tea - High in antioxidants, which aid in fighting against UV radiation. It’s also loaded with amino acids, which are the building blocks for protein needed for hair growth, repair, and recovery.
- Pomegranate - Protects against UV exposure and other environmental stressors with antioxidants provided by Vitamin C.
- Rosehip - Contains antioxidants like Vitamin A and E which have been shown to combat negative effects of UV exposure.